Operating Systems (WS 2021/22)
Table of Content
Welcome to the home of the class Operating Systems. You will find all relevant information about this class here.
- Organization — Topics, Grades, Points, Rules, …
- Slides — All the lecture material, etc.
- Tutorials — Your starting point for the practicals!
- Timeline — What’s up next…
- Test System
- Support — Know where to get help…
- Assignments — General overview of the assignments (no details – you have lots of freedom)
Previous KnowledgeGood knowledge of, and substantial experience in, C and C++ (ESP, SEP, SNP) and basic knowledge of computer architecture
Prerequisites CurriculumSee position in the curriculum
ObjectiveAfter attending Operating Systems, students have a basic understanding of classic operating system principles. They understand the basic tasks of an OS as well as possible approaches to their implementation. Furthermore, they understand the necessary cooperation of the operating system software implementation and the underlying hardware to achieve an efficient implementation. Students are able to implement parts of real operating systems on their own. Finally, they acquired experience in synchronizing concurrent tasks that would otherwise interfere with each other.
How to get a gradeProgramming Exercises, Oral Exercise Interviews (possibly virtual), and Written or Oral Exam (possibly virtual)