Introduction to Scientific Working,
Bachelor Project, and Bachelor’s Thesis
We want to include you in our research activities. We designed our Bachelor@IAIK program to prepare and accompany you from start to end during an interesting research project. Our Bachelor@IAIK program consists of the three classes ISW, the optional Bachelor Project, and the Bachelor Thesis.
Of course, you can also take these classes independently, but we’d be happy to welcome you in our Bachelor@IAIK program spanning multiple, ideally all three, of these classes.
- In Introduction to Scientific Working (see ISW), aka Verfassen wissenschaftlicher Arbeiten (VWA), we show you how to write and present scientific research. You’ll work on a topic that prepares you for your bachelor’s thesis, guided by your prospective supervisor. At the end, you give a short presentation and writeup of your topic.
- In the optional Bachelor Project, you work on your individual practical project, which is closely connected with your bachelor’s thesis. At the end, you submit your project together with relevant documentation.
- In the Bachelor’s Thesis, you work on your individual scientific question. This includes literature research, practical project work, and writing. At the end, you submit your project and your written thesis, and give a presentation of your results.
If you are still in one of the older (pre-2019) curricula, you complete the classical bachelor’s thesis that combines all these aspects in one course.
New curricula since 2019
- 705.009 Introduction to Scientific Working: ICE, BE, CS, SEM 2 ECTS
- 705.101 Bachelor Project: CS, SEM 7 ECTS
- 705.108, 705.110, 705.112 Bachelor’s Thesis: ICE 8 ECTS, CS 7 ECTS, SEM 7 ECTS
- 705.009 Introduction to Scientific Working (ICE, BE)
- 705.108, 705.410, 705.408 Bachelor’s Thesis: ICE 8 ECTS, CS 14 ECTS, SEM 14 ECTS
Every year, we present our new open bachelor’s thesis topics and award prizes to excellent students who contributed to scientific publications this past year. If you’re interested in joining us for your bachelor’s thesis in security, this is the best way to get an impression of our topics as well as how a bachelor’s thesis at IAIK works: You’ll hear about our research areas and current hot topics, our Bachelor@IAIK program where you can work on your thesis together with your fellow students in one of our offices if you like – we’re looking forward to seeing you here!