Sujoy Sinha RoyAss.Prof. PhD
Secure Systems, Assistant Professor
News Aikata’s master thesis, titled “Efficient Polynomial Arithmetic Architecture for Saber and Dilithium” received the 1st prize in the TU Graz Forum Technology and Society 2022. Congratulations to Aikata!
PhD position opening:
If you are interested in working with our team, you may contact me directly with a CV and a short motivation text.
Project topics for Bachelors and Masters thesis
If you are interested in doing a bachelor or master project with us, please see the list of potential topics here.
Highlighted master project topics for this year:
You may propose a topic as well.
Ongoing third-party funded projects
- Secure and efficient implementation of Post-quantum Cryptography
- Hardware acceleration of homomorphic encryption
MSc project researchers
- Florian Hirner
Publications in 2021-22
- Aikata Aikata and Ahmet Can Mert and Malik Imran and Samuel Pagliarini and Sujoy Sinha Roy: KaLi: A Crystal for Post-Quantum Security. IACR Cryptol. ePrint Arch. 2022: 1086 (2022)
- Malik Imran and Felipe Almeida and Andrea Basso and Sujoy Sinha Roy and Samuel Pagliarini: High-speed SABER Key Encapsulation Mechanism in 65nm CMOS. IACR Cryptol. ePrint Arch. 2022: 530 (2022)
- Ahmet Can Mert and Aikata and Sunmin Kwon and Youngsam Shin and Donghoon Yoo and Yongwoo Lee and Sujoy Sinha Roy: Medha: Microcoded Hardware Accelerator for computing on Encrypted Data. IACR Cryptol. ePrint Arch. 2022: 480 (2022)
- Jipeng Zhang and Junhao Huang and Zhe Liu and Sujoy Sinha Roy: Time-memory Trade-offs for Saber+ on Memory-constrained RISC-V. IEEE Transactions on Computers 2022.
- Prasanna Ravi, Martianus Frederic Ezerman, Shivam Bhasin, Anupam Chattopadhyay, Sujoy Sinha Roy:
Will You Cross the Threshold for Me? Generic Side-Channel Assisted Chosen-Ciphertext Attacks on NTRU-based KEMs. IACR Trans. Cryptogr. Hardw. Embed. Syst. 2022(1): 722-761 (2022).
- Prasanna Ravi, Shivam Bhasin, Sujoy Sinha Roy, Anupam Chattopadhyay: On Exploiting Message Leakage in (few) NIST PQC Candidates for Practical Message Recovery and Key Recovery Attacks. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security 2021.
- Sujoy Sinha Roy, Ahmet Can Mert, Aikata, Sunmin Kwon, Youngsam Shin, Donghoon Yoo:
Accelerator for Computing on Encrypted Data. IACR Cryptol. ePrint Arch. 2021: 1555 (2021)
- Aikata, Ahmet Can Mert, David Jacquemin, Amitabh Das, Donald Matthews, Santosh Ghosh, Sujoy Sinha Roy: A Unified Cryptoprocessor for Lattice-based Signature and Key-exchange. IACR Cryptol. ePrint Arch. 2021: 1461 (2021)
- Zhuang Xu, Owen Pemberton, Sujoy Sinha Roy, David F. Oswald: Magnifying Side-Channel Leakage of Lattice-Based Cryptosystems with Chosen Ciphertexts: The Case Study of Kyber. IEEE Transactions on Computers 2021.
- Malik Imran, Felipe Almeida, Jaan Raik, Andrea Basso, Sujoy Sinha Roy, Samuel Pagliarini:
Design Space Exploration of SABER in 65nm ASIC. ASHES@CCS 2021: 85-90
- Andrea Basso, Sujoy Sinha Roy: Optimized Polynomial Multiplier Architectures for Post-Quantum KEM Saber. DAC 2021: 1285-1290
- ‘Cryptographic Engineering‘ during the winter session. The course will teach how to implement cryptographic algorithms securely and efficiently.