Alexander MarsalekDipl.-Ing. BSc
Secure Applications, PhD Candidate
In my Ph.D. thesis, I am focusing on public blockchains. In this research, I aim to solve two issues of public blockchains, namely the ever-growing size and the impossibility to correct data in the blockchain, based on a majority decision. Besides, I am involved in many projects implemented at the Secure Information Technology Center Austria (A-SIT). Some example projects are:
- STORK 2.0, an EU Large Scale Pilot on eID federation,
- eSENS, an EU Large Scale Pilot on Building Block consolidation,
- SUNFISH, on Secure information sharing in federated heterogeneous private clouds,
- SEMPER, an EU Large Scale Pilot on Crossborder Semantic Interoperability of Powers and Mandates,
- The Austrian Signature Verification Portal, the Austrian signature verification solution operated by the Austrian Regulatory Authority for Broadcasting and Telecommunications.